And another seafood recipe this week! With my new work schedule, my mid week meals require a bit more planning and ideas for quick and healthy recipes. This one is ready under half an hour and tastes bloody delicious 🙂
Last weekend I went to Aldi for my weekly shopping and found few items that I was curious to test out and compare to other versions from other main UK supermarket chains… They had in their frozen section some salmon fillets and, more interestingly, very large Argentinian red shrimps!🍤 I do love seafood and I always struggled to find big meaty prawns in the UK so I was intrigued by Aldi offering those giant ones.
The other items that I spotted was some black bean spaghetti from The Foodie Market brand. I saw some before from other brands as a gluten free alternative to traditional wheat pasta and always wanted to try some but the price kind of put me off (~£4/200g!💸). Those ones stood at £1.99/200g which seemed more reasonable so I thought to give it a try!
I managed to prepare 4 portions of that pasta dish on Wednesday last week after a long day at work and my boyfriend and I absolutely loved it!😍 The colour of the pasta looked amazing and contrasted with the bright colours of the shrimps and veggies on my plate. The shrimps were juicy, plump and quite sweet, full of flavour and my sensitive stomach didn’t feel sick from it! Low in calories as well, this is definitely going to be a classic in my repertoire! 👌🏻
Here we go with the recipe:
My salmon and shrimp gluten free pasta 🐟🦐🍝
Time required: 30 minutes
Equipment required: Baking tray 20cmx25cm
- 200g of Black Bean pasta (or any gluten free pasta if you cannot find the black bean version)
- 2 salmon fillets (defrosted)
- 250g of large shrimps (defrosted)
- 1 pepper (yellow or red)
- 200g broccolinis
- 6 pitted olives
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven for 180°C
- Slice the pepper and cut the salmon in large chunks then place all of it on a baking tray
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper then toss everything before putting it in the oven for 12 minutes
- Boil some water to cook the pasta with a large pinch of salt
- Cut the broccolinis to get bitesize pieces and add them to the boiling water alongside the pasta (they will cook through in 5-6 minutes like the black bean pasta). If you cook some other type of pasta with longer cooking time, add the broccolini later on to not overcook them!
- Take the tray out of the oven after 12 minutes then add the shrimps on top then put it back in the oven for another 2-3 minutes
- Once everything is cooked: take the tray out of the oven, drain the pasta and broccolini then quickly add it to the pepper and salmon
- Add chopped olives to the mixture
- Toss the mixture with kitchen prongs then serve immediately with a sprinkle of paprika, a squeeze of lemon and grating of Parmesan (I know, cheese and seafood shouldn’t go together but I use it for its saltiness and it’s delicious!)
It looks mighty impressive with all the different colours in the plate and it tasted even better! If you decide to use the frozen salmon and shrimps, cook the salmon on its own for 6-8 minutes before adding the pepper and the frozen prawns to cook for a further 15 minutes.
Bon appetit! 😁